Roasted Pepper & Asiago Frittata
The best part about baked egg recipes is that they can be enjoyed for breakfast or dinner. Roasted Pepper & Asiago Frittata is a wonderfully cheesy dish with chicken sausage that will fill any appetite.
Preparation Time20 min
- 12 ounces Al Fresco roasted pepper & asiago chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (3 - ounces) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Better 'N Eggs egg substitute, frozen
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh italian flat parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and brown slightly. Add the roasted red peppers and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs. Add parsley, pepper, cheese and Tabasco. Stir. Pour egg mixture over sausage and peppers. Cook on low heat for 7-8 minutes until the bottom is set and the top is a little runny.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook until the eggs are set and golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- When done, remove and carefully slide Frittata onto a serving platter. Slice and serve.
Read NextMust Have Classic Deviled Eggs