Deluxe Spinach Dip
Deluxe Spinach Dip goes far and beyond your average spinach dip recipe. Made with the best ingredients, this creamy classic will become one of your favorite appetizers to make for a crowd. Onion, garlic, and dill add flavor, while sour cream and mayonnaise create the perfect texture. Homemade dip is a great thing to bring to a party because it's easy to make but still makes a good impression. Save this recipe for your next party.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 10 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute, until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, except the water chestnuts, and process until almost smooth.
- Remove and stir in water chestnuts. Serve.