Swamp Dip is a spinach dip recipe that was inspired by the University of Florida Gators football team. The green spinach pokes out among the white sour cream mixture, giving a "swampy" look. A dash of ground red pepper gives this dip a bit of heat, in true Florida fashion. This is a perfect appetizer to bring tailgating at a Gators game or any other tailgating event. Make it the night before and then refrigerate it until you're ready to dig in.
Cooking MethodNo Bake
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- Pepper, to taste
- Dash ground red pepper, optional
Thaw spinach completely, and squeeze dry in paper towels.
Transfer to a large bowl and add red peppers, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, vegetable soup mix, pepper, and ground red pepper, if using.
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla, pita, or bagel chips.
Read NextBuckaroo Snack Dip