3 Layer Mexican Dip
Easy party appetizer recipes are sometimes a lifesaver. Try our 3 Layer Mexican Dip for a wonderful blend of flavors that will have you dipping chip after chip. With beans, avocados and cheese, this dip can do no wrong.
Preparation Time15 min
- 1 can (15.5-ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon of Chobani plain greek yogurt
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup salsa
- Put beans in a bowl and mash with fork until chunky-smooth. Stir in the salt, 1 tablespoon garlic, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon Chobani. Evenly spread mixture into base of serving bowl. Set aside.
- Put avocado in bowl and coarsely mash with fork to desired chunky or smooth consistency.
- Stir in 1 cup Chobani, remaining lime juice, cumin, cilantro, jalapeño, and remaining garlic. Add salt to taste.
- Evenly spread guacamole on top of black beans and then top with salsa. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 2 hours, but bring to room temperature before serving.
- Great served with vegetables or tortilla chips.