Cheddar fondue is a great way to bring everyone together at a small gathering. It gets you to slow down, enjoy each others' company, and have some delicious food! Make this easy cheddar fondue recipe today and see for yourself.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- bread cubes, ham cubes, bite-size sausage and/or broccoli florets
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt if desired, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or slow cooker; keep warm.
- Serve with bread, ham, sausage and/or broccoli. Yields 2 1/2 cups.
Read NextSweet and Spicy Jezebel Dip