Colby's Finest Coleslaw
Most coleslaw recipes don't call for buttermilk, but Colby, the coleslaw queen loves the taste of buttermilk in her coleslaw recipe. If you don't have buttermilk, no problem, just use the milk you have in the fridge.
- 8 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- white pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In large bowl, combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth; add the cabbage and carrots.
- Mix well and cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serves 6 to 8.