Tropical Pudding Cake
It's time to make some great summer slow cooker recipes. Try this amazing Tropical Pudding Cake for a dessert that is full of surprises. With a rich tropical flavor coming from sliced apples and pineapples, it will be your new best friend.
Serves8 (about 3/4 cup each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time2 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (21-ounces) canned sliced apples
- 1 can (21-ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups V8 Splash Tropical Blend Juice Drink
- 2 cups water
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir half of the butter and the milk into the flour mixture. Stir the apples, pineapple and walnuts into the batter. Pour into a 4-quart slow cooker.
Heat the brown sugar, juice drink, water and remaining butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Pour over the batter in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
Turn off the cooker. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.