The Ultimate Kitchen Guide: How-Tos, Cooking Tips & Essential Kitchen Knowledge
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether it's apple-picking season, the holidays, or some other special occasion, there's never a bad time to learn how to make apple pie filling. It comes in handy for all sorts of desserts, obviously including but not limited to, classic apple pie. This basic recipe is super easy to achieve and will make you seem like a pro in the kitchen regardless of your culinary skill level. Made with just 6 ingredients, which are likely already in your pantry, this apple pie filling comes together in just about 10 to 15 minutes.
Cooking Time15 min
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large apples (of your choice, however, we suggest Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt and nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Now that you know how to make apple pie filling... you'd better make a crust to go with it! Learn more about making pie crust by choosing the right ingredients. What is Shortening?
Melt butter in a large skillet.
Add apples (peeled and diced).
Add white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Simmer and stir until all ingredients are well-combined and the apples begin to soften.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe Converter: How to Halve and Third a Recipe
How to Boil Perfect Eggs
How to Make the Best Amish Pie, Plus 18 More Free Amish Recipes
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
How to Use Up Eggs: 34 Clever Ideas and Recipes
21 Crowd-Pleasing Easy Potluck Recipes
How to Make Sloppy Joes
What to do with Fresh Picked Strawberries: 19 Delectable Recipes and Ideas
How To Use Up Lemons: 7 Luscious Lemon Recipes
How to Cut a Watermelon, Cantaloupe, and Honeydew
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Fresh Strawberry Frosé
- Kai Wasabi Santoku Knife
- 12 Cheap Meal Prep Recipes (Plus Tips and Tricks)
- 10 Recipes with Doritos
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Cake Truffles
- Candy Corn Trash Dessert
- Halloween Oreo Bat Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Poke Cake
- Mocha Cake with Kahlua Coffee Buttercream
- Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Brownie
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes