Classic Ice Box Sugar Cookies
Classic Ice Box Sugar Cookies are the quick and easy alternative to slaving over Christmas cookie recipes. You can spend one afternoon making the dough, then refrigerate, slice and bake for instant sugar cookies all year!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blend sugar, butters, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, mixing thoroughly to combine.
- Shape dough into 2 long rolls and wrap separately in wax paper or foil.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator at least overnight.
- When you wish to bake them, peheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the rolls into round slices and place on baking sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
Read NextLemon Sugar Cookie Recipe