100 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes: Santa's Wishlist
By: Jessica Farris, Editor, RecipeLion.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
100 Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes: Santa’s Wishlist
Table of Contents:
‘Tis the season… to be hungry! This spectacular collection of 100 Christmas cookie recipes includes all of Santa’s favorite Christmas cookie recipes and dozens of brand new unique Christmas cookie recipes. Bake a batch (or two, or ten) for your next holiday party or gathering, or fill up tins for thoughtful and inexpensive gifts.
We all know that Santa and his elves work hard all year long to make gifts and toys for all good girls and boys, but who makes gifts for them? Fortunately, you can help Santa Claus get all the way around the world with his favorite Christmas cookie recipes! The big man himself sent RecipeLion a special list of all his favorite cookies, and we’re sharing these great recipes to enjoy for yourself. This is a Christmas cookie extravaganza! Take this collection of all-new holiday cookie recipes as gifts for everyone on your list, or additions to your next holiday event. Just don’t forget to leave a plate for Santa Claus!
This collection of recipes includes every imaginable type of Christmas cookie recipes, from pumpkin spice cookies to cut out cookies for decorating to old favorites like chocolate chip cookies. No matter what type of cookies you prefer, you’ll find your old favorite Christmas cookie recipes as well as some unique and creative Christmas cookie recipes. Try one or two, or stun your friends and family with an extensive display of all 100!
In a difficult economy, homemade gifts are often a good, inexpensive option for Christmas. These cookies are a thoughtful and creative way to show your family that you care, even if massive, expensive gifts are out of your price range. These holiday cookie recipes also make good decorative additions to Chrismas parties, and they perfect choice if you give out Christmas cookie tins every year. Besides, Santa Claus will be particularly happy if your cookies are both delicious and festive!
Christmas cut out cookies are so much fun for adults and children alike. These easy Christmas cookie recipes are a great way to personalize gifts, and they are an exciting activity during the holiday season. Try decorating with royal icing, spinkles, glazes, candy and more!
Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies for Christmas - No matter whether you want to make a gingerbread friend or delicious gingerbread people for snacking, you should use this recipe for Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies for Christmas! These gingerbread cookies are festive, tasty and fun to decorate!
- Classic Cut Out Cookies for Decorating
- Ruby Gemstone Cookies
- Holiday Stained Glass Cut Out Cookies
- Frosty Christmas Tree Cookies
- Runaway Gingerbread Men
- Sugar and Spice Cut Out Cookies
- Zimsterne Spiced Star Cookies
You may not have heard of all of these types of cookies, but they look and taste like so much fun, you’ll want to make a new Christmas tradition! All of these cookies are themed, and many of them look cute and festive, so they make great gifts and lovely holiday displays.
Prancer’s Perfect Peppermint Cookies - Prancer's Perfect Peppermint Cookies are a flying reindeer's favorite snack! These peppermint candy cookies make ideal gifts for your Christmas winter wonderland! Try these soft and chewy peppermint cookies at your next holiday celebration!
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread Puffs
- Cinnamon Cookie Sticks
- Joyful Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- Shimmering Orange Cookies
- Sugarplum Fairy Gumdrop Cookies
- Oatmeal and Candy Cookie Pops
- White Christmas Dream Cookies
- Wine Drop Cookies
- Buttery Frosted Cashew Cookies
- Candy Cane Shaped Cookies
- One Horse Cinnamon Sledge Cookies
- Saint Nick’s Cinnamon Snap Cookies
- Frosty’s Lemon Snowball Cookies
- Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
- Home for Christmas Cookies
- Sweet Potato Cookies
- Apple Sandwich Cookies
Have an international taste of Christmas! These Christmas cookies from around the world include German Christmas cookies, Russian tea cookies and more! The spritz cookies make especially great holiday gifts, stocking stuffers and additions to cookie tins.
German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies - Containing a full cup of cocoa, these cookies are deliciously chocolatey, and pecan and coconut add a sweet crunch. Try German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies if you're hankering for a summer taste during the colder months.
- Nutcracker Tea Cookies
- Chocolate Spritz
- Hungarian Nut Horn Cookies
- Almond Spritz Cookies with Raspberry Chocolate Filling
- Mint Spritz Cookies
Refrigerator cookies are the easiest cookies in the world for Christmas gifts and snacks. You simply make the dough, roll it into a log, throw it into the freezer, and voila! Instant slice and bake cookies whenever you need them. Fill tins for gifts, make ice cream sandwiches, or just snack on cookies all season!
Yuletide Refrigerator Cookies - Yuletide Refrigerator Cookies are a simple way to share the Christmas spirit. Make the dough, roll up the Yule log and slice these ice box cookies for a quick treat.
- Date Pinwheel Cookies
- Cranberry Ice Box Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
- Classic Ice Box Sugar Cookies
If you don’t usually set out cookie for Santa, or even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, this collection of cookies is perfect for any winter party or get-together. After all, our favorite holiday memories often revolve around Christmas cookie recipes. I can recall sitting under my grandmother’s kitchen table as all of our family members came over for Christmas dinner. Once everyone had arrived, I clambered out from beneath the table to find that every visitor has placed at least one tin, brimming with their favorite Christmas cookie recipes, upon the table until the surface was completely obscured and the antique wood groaned beneath the weight. Each household in my extended family had their own unique Christmas cookie recipes, and everyone brought enough to share. These recipes, in addition to my grandmother’s Christmas cookie recipes, meant that we never ran out of our favorite Christmas cookies until long after the turn of the New Year.
My grandmother taught me that the most important ingredient in any Christmas cookie recipes is love. No matter what, if you don’t care about the finished product, your cookies will never live up to their full potential. However, if you think of all the things you love about your family and friends while you’re making these cookies, they will be unforgettable in every way.
Grandpa’s Favorite Molasses Cookies - Gingerbread man cookies are fun, but nothing tastes so good as these chewy molasses cookies. Grandpa's Favorite Molasses Cookies taste like good old fashioned gingerbread recipes, with a soft cookie texture in a crunchy sugar coating.
- Old Fashioned Jumbo Sugar Cookies
- Orange Ginger Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pear Crescent Cookies
- Toffee Cookies
- Thick Molasses Cookies
- Spiced Cake Mix Cookies
- Snappy Ginger Cookies
- Bowl of Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Cranberry Apple Cookies
- Molasses Crinkle Cookies
This list includes Santa's favorite cookie recipes of all time, from classic chocolate chip cookies, to oatmeal raisin cookies, to Christmas sugar cookies and more! These favorites have stood the test of time and become instant family favorites. These chewy, tasty classic Christmas cookie recipes may not be decorative, but if they’re made right, they are hands-down the most delicious cookies you will ever make. Be sure to save Santa one or two of these!
Kathy’s Incredible Snickerdoodles - Kathy's Incredible Snickerdoodles set the standard by which all other snickerdoodle recipes are judged. This incredible cinnamon sugar cookie recipe will quickly become your go-to cookie recipe because you'll never want storebought snickerdoodles again!
- Grinch Proof Sugar Cookies
- Buttery Drop Cookies
- Easy Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Lemon Cooler Cookies
- Peanut Butter n Carrot Cookies
- Wholesome Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- No Bake Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Rudolph’s Ranger Cookies
- Christmas Crunch Potato Chip Cookies
- Perfect No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Forgotten Meringue Cookies
- White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Oatmeal Cherry Toffee Cookies
- Pumpkin Walnut Cookies
- Grandmother Robinson’s Pecan Sandies
- Cinnamon Banana Nut Cookies
The best part about bar cookies is that they are so easy! Instead of rolling out individual cookies, you can throw everything into a pan, bake them, and cut them out in no time. Even if your holiday season is hectic, you will have time to stop and join in the merriment if you make these bar cookies. Plus, these dessert squares are all so chewy and delicious, everyone will be asking for your recipe.
Snowdrop Cranberry Bars - Make Snowdrop Cranberry Bars in holiday red and white as festive dessert bars or snack this holiday season. The sweet white chocolate tastes so smooth, and the cranberries in these dessert bars look like little reindeer tracks in the snow!
- Black Walnut Brownie Bars
- Apple Butter Bars
- Cherry Cobbler Bars
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Gold Ingot Caramel Bars
- Holly Jolly Fig Bars
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Squares
- Polar Pumpkin Bars
- Chess Pie Bars
- Date Nut Dream Squares
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- Santa’s Workshop Walnut Bars
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Christmas Cheer Cherry Bars
- Seven Delicious Sins Bars
- Old Fashioned Fruitcake Bars
- Crunchy Pecan Bars
As a member of Chocoholics Anonymous, I find that chocolate Christmas cookie recipes are my absolute favorite. Try making one of these recipes for the chocolate enthusiasts in your family, and they won’t be able to stop themselves from caroling all season long.
Double Chocolate Coal Cookies - Don't forget the folks on the naughty list! Double Chocolate Coal Cookies look just like lumps of coal, but they are extremely chocolatey. These double chocolate chip cookies are a tasty way to play a Christmas prank on your friends and family!
- Dark Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Spiked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Fudgy Meringue Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Fudge Ecstasy Cookies
- No Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Midnight Magic Fudge Cookies
- Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- All-American Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Hazelnut Truffle Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Meringues
Have fun making these wonderful cookies and sharing them with your family and friends. But remember, leave a plate of treats out for Santa too! Have a happy holiday!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy Chocolate Rum Balls
- Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- 300+ Favorite Christmas Recipes
- "12 Overnight Breakfast Casseroles for Christmas Morning" eCookbook
- Hearty Soup Mix in a Jar
- 17 Fabulous Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas Free eCookbook
- Homemade Holiday Reindeer Poop
- 10 Recipes for Overnight Christmas Casseroles
- Amish Molasses Cookies
- Blizzard Bites in a Jar
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dessert for Breakfast: 32 Best Breakfast Recipes
- How to Make Stuffed Peppers: 15 Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Melt in Your Mouth Multi-Layered Bars
- One Pot Summer Veggie Skillet
- Quick and Easy Tin Foil Dinner
- Colorful and Fresh Vegetable Salad
- Easy Amish Meatloaf
- Tuna Stromboli
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps
- Hummus Toast