Easy Lowfat Coq au Vin
Who would have ever thought you could make a casserole as supremely delicious as coq au vin and make it low fat? Not me! I was so glad to find this recipe, as it allows me and my family to enjoy the great taste of coq au vin without all the fat of the traditional recipe.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, washed
- 10 or 12 small onions, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients in an ovenproof casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 375°F for one hour.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a plate and put the liquid in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to 1 and 1/2 cups.
- Mix 1 or 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in 1/2 cup water and add by spoonfuls to the boiling sauce, stirring constantly until the sauce coats a spoon.
- Put the chicken and vegetables back in the baking dish and pour the sauce over them. Serve with boiled new potatoes and green peas.