Cider Baked Chicken
Looking for delicious baked chicken recipes? Cider Baked Chicken is a tasty seasonal treat that my mother used to make every fall. The chicken is baked in cider to give it a sweet marvelous flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 2 chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), quartered or in pieces
- 1 pint apple cider
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup applejack (apple brandy)
- 3 tart cooking apples, cut into thin wedges
- Place chicken in a shallow dish. Cover with cider and marinate several hours, refrigerated, turning pieces occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from cider; reserve cider. Mix flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken with flour mixture.
- Place skin side up in a shallow baking pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved cider, brown sugar, applejack and apple wedges. Pour marinade mixture over chicken and bake 25 minutes more, basting occasionally with pan juices.