Chicken with Mushrooms and Green Onions
This recipe is similar to a classic chicken marsala, but is a quick and easy variation. Mushroom lovers will swoon over this dish, which uses inexpensive ingredients and works perfectly for a weeknight meal.
- 4 medium (12 oz. total) boned skinless chicken breast halves
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- Place 1 piece of chicken, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to about 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray coating. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breast halves. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and no pink remains. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Carefully add mushrooms, green onion, water, and salt to skillet. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated (about 3 minutes).
- Add cooking sherry to skillet. Heat through. Spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken.
Read NextChicken a la King
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.