Chicken & Cabbage
For a quick and easy chicken recipe you must try this delicious Chicken & Cabbage recipe from The Mommy Diet - a book by Alison Sweeney, host of The Biggest Loser. Not only is it easy, it's budget friendly too!
Get to know more about Alison Sweeney, the author of this recipe, with this Q&A on the RecipeLionBlog!
Cooking Time13 min
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 shallots
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine caraway seeds, allspice, salt and pepper. Use the spice blend to season chicken breasts.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Cook the chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side and set aside.
- For the sauce, use the same skillet and add olive oil to the hot pan.
- Sauté shallots for 2 minutes.Then add shredded red cabbage, chicken stock, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, and cook, stirring until the cabbage is coated with glaze.
- After about 2 minutes, return the cooked chicken to the skillet and cook for about 6 more minutes. Garnish with chopped chives.