Quick & Easy Chicken Breast Casserole
With Swiss cheese, mushrooms and croutons on top, this Quick & Easy Chicken Breast Casserole has a lot of mouth-watering components. This dish from Campbell's Kitchen is one of the best chicken casserole recipes because it's so simple to throw together. In just three easy steps you'll have a hot dinner on the table! Chicken breast recipes don't get much easier than this!
Find more quick and easy menu ideas in this collection of recipes from Campbell's.
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese or provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or vermouth or any dry white wine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut-up
Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
Place the chicken into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top each chicken breast with 1 cheese slice. Stir the sherry, mushrooms (if desired) and soup in a medium bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with the croutons and the butter.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.