Winter Peppermint Cheesecake
Celebrate the season with this decadent but simple cheesecake recipe! Winter Peppermint Cheesecake is an awesome dessert option for your holiday celebration.
Preparation Time4 hr
Cooking Time45 min
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup candy canes, coarsely crushed
- whipped cream, for decoration
- chocolate leaves, for decoration
- candy canes, coarsely chopped, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Blend graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup melted butter in bottom of ungreased 8" springform pan; press mixture evenly over bottom.
- In blender or food processor, blend sour cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and blend; then blend in 2 tablespoons remaining melted butter until completely smooth.
- Stir in crushed candy canes, then pour mixture over crust in pan.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- The chocolate leaves will form the petals of a poinsettia flower, with the crushed candy canes in the very center.
Read NextPineapple Cheesecake Recipe in a Jar