Caramel Apple Cheese Cake
This is one of the best cheese cake recipes you'll find using two fall favorites - caramel and apples. Caramel apple cheese cake is smooth, creamy, sticky and crunchy all at the same time. The smell of this wonderful treat will fill your home and your tummy.
Learn more about how to make this cheese cake recipe with this easy to follow time lapse tutorial:
- 2 spring form pans
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (12-ounce) of evaporated milk
- 1 cup Dutch apple pie filling
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (14-ounce) packages of caramels
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover bottom of spring form pan with parchment paper, tuck loose ends under bottom.
- Cover spring form pan with double foil. Combine graham crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the spring form pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Melt caramels and evaporated milk on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel over crust and sprinkle half the pecans over caramel.
- Combine cream cheese cornstarch sugar until smooth add eggs and beat till just combined. Fold in apples and pour into crust, about half way up.
- Place spring form pans in baking pan filled with water.
- Reduce the oven to 325 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes.
- Reheat caramel and spoon over cheese cake, sprinkle remaining pecans over caramel.
- Bake for 10 or 15 minutes until center of cheese cake is set.
- Cool for 3 hours before removing from pan and refrigerating. Serve and enjoy.