Chocolate Cheesecake By Gordy
There are Oreo cookie recipes, and then there are Oreo cookie cheesecake recipes...cheesecake being the operative word here! Gordy was my old college roommate, and now he is a professional chef. Make his recipe for this chocolate cheesecake, and you'll see why!
- For best results, wait 24 hours until serving to give the ingredients a chance to mellow.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream lightly dusted with cocoa powder.
Cooking Time1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 pound cream cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 5/8 cup sugar
- 7 ounces sour cream
- 12 eggs
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup graham crackers or Oreo crumbs
- 4 ounces vegetable shortening
- 3 ounces sugar
- 3 ounces brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Soften cream cheese in mixer.
- Add flour and sugar; mix and scrape down.
- Add sour cream; mix and scrape bowl again.
- Add eggs a little at a time, mixing and scraping down bowl, until eggs are gone.
- Melt chocolate and gradually add cheesecake mixture to chocolate.
- Combine the graham cracker or Oreo crumbs with the shortening, sugar, 3 ounces of sugar, and the brown sugar.
- Grease a 10-inch pan and fill bottom with crumb mixture; pat into place to form crust.
- Prepare water bath for baking: Place pan in a larger pan. Fill larger pan with hot water that will come 3/4 of the way up the sides of the 10-inch pan.)
- Bake at 325F degrees for 60 to 75 minutes or until cheesecake is firm to the touch. Do not overbake.
Read NextCarrot Cake Cheesecake