Sweet Potato Casserole
This delicious sweet potato casserole is perfect for as a weeknight dinner side dish or as a beautiful casserole at Thanksgiving dinner. The whole family will love this Mr. Food favorite.
TV Tidbit: Here's one of my funniest stories! When we were taking photos of this recipe, we had a new kitchen assistant helping out. He didn’t speak much English and, when he overheard my director and producer say, "We’ll shoot Mr. Food tomorrow morning," he thought they were plotting my demise! When it was all cleared up, we all had a big laugh!
About Mr. Food: Art Ginsburg, a.k.a Mr. Food, was the first TV chef to promote practical, “anybody can do it” cooking and food preparation solutions. After years of sharing his unique brand of quick ’n’ easy food tips and recipes with viewers across the country, Mr. Food continues to find fresh ideas for cooking up fun in the kitchen.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, flour, 1/4 cup butter, and the coconut, if desired; mix until crumbly then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients, including remaining 1/4 cup butter; mix well. Spoon into casserole dish and sprinkle evenly with pecan mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.