Super Cheesy Chicken & Hash Casserole
Nothing says comfort food more than southern favorites like hash brown casserole recipes. Super Cheesy Chicken & Hash Casserole has breaded chicken topped with cheese, hash browns, and you guessed it, even more cheese. Perfect for cheese heads every where, make it tonight.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 to 7 slices of cheese, your choice
- 1 cup milk, for dipping the chicken
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
- 1 cup milk, to add to casserole dish
- 1 can (10.25-ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 package of frozen hash browns, thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Preheat oil in deep skillet. Season flour with salt, pepper, cayenne and paprika. Dust breasts with flour, then dip into milk and back in flour. Place in hot oil and fry until golden brown about 15 minutes, flipping once.
Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in 1 butter.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place chicken in dish, top with sauteed mushrooms and cheese slices (usually a slice per chicken breast).
Pour can of cream of chicken soup over everything and 1 cup of milk.
Top with hahsbrowns and push down so the hashbrowns get down into the dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Take dish out and place a few more slices of cheese on top of the hashbrowns. Put back into oven until cheese melts.