Easy Italian Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
When you're in the mood for Italian, nothing else will do! Luckily, this Easy Italian Eggplant Parmesan Casserole is quick and delicious, with all the essence of Italy baked right in. Put this easy casserole recipe on tonight's menu, and you're sure to please the whole family. They'll be begging for seconds, which is great because this recipe makes 6 servings -- perfect for a family of 3. Whether you enjoy this meal on a regular night at home or for a special occasion, this hearty recipe is sure to find its way into your heart.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time1 hr 15 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 Egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Panko
- 1 Large eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Reduced-Fat Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 package Whole Wheat Spaghetti, cooked following package directions
Enter for a chance to win the Swiss Diamond XD Nonstick Roasting Pan Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
Place flour, egg whites and panko in separate shallow dishes. Dredge eggplant slices in flour, dip in egg whites and coat with panko. Place on Swiss Diamond Double-Burner Grill Pan in a single layer.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes or until eggplant is tender and panko is golden brown.
Spread 1 cup of sauce over the bottom of your baking dish. (We used the Swiss Diamond Roasting Pan, but a Casserole dish would also be perfect for this recipe!) Place half of the eggplant slices over the sauce and season with 1/8 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Layer with 1 cup of the sauce, 1 cup of the mozzarella, ¼ cup of the grated Parmesan, 1 tbsp basil and ½ tsp red pepper flakes. Repeat layering with remaining eggplant, salt, pepper, sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and red pepper flakes.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted. Serve over cooked whole wheat spaghetti.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite winter casserole to make?
Answer below in the comments!