Barbeque Beef Casserole
The Barbeque Beef Casserole is a creative take on a tried and true classic. Easy to make and easy on the wallet, this ground beef casserole recipe has a golden cornbread crust that compliments the tangy barbeque sauce--perfect to satisfy both savory and sweet taste buds.
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (8.5-ounce) package cornbread mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned. Add the onion, bell pepper, corn and tomatoes. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain excess grease, and stir in the barbeque sauce.
- Spread the beef mixture over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Prepare the cornbread batter mixes according to package directions. Spread the batter over the top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread layer comes out clean.
Read NextCheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole