Old Fashioned Butter Crunch
Grandma always had a jar of homemade candy all year round. Old Fashioned Butter Crunch is her specialty and my favorite. This easy candy recipe is so sweet and chocolatey the kids can't refuse it.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped toasted almonds
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- Melt butter in a heavy 3 litre saucepan over low heat. Add sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches hard crack stage, (300 degrees on a candy thermometer.) Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Stir in toasted almonds.
- Spread mixture into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. When chocolate is melted, spread evenly over candy. Let cool completely.
- When chocolate is set, break into pieces.
Read NextOur 20 Best Loved Recipes for Fudge