Easy Baked French Toast
This easy baked french toast recipe creates a delicious breakfast in no-time. A touch of orange juice adds a nice twist on the classic bake french toast recipe.
- 4 slices bread (cinnamon, brioche, egg bread or sourdough) sliced 1/2
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Mix eggs, milk and orange juice thoroughly.
- Put bread in baking pan that's large enough to accommodate bread--slices barely touching.
- Pour liquid over. Let soak as little as 15 minutes, but overnight in refrigerator is much better.
- When time to bake, preheat oven to 350. Spray another pan or cookie sheet with pam, move slices with spatula (they'll be really fragile).
- Bake at 350 about 25 minutes. Sometimes cooks more quickly; sometimes takes a bit longer. Depends how thick you've sliced the bread.
Tip: I often sprinkle finely chopped pecans or sliced almonds over top before baking. Serve with maple syrup or marvelous jam.
Find more Baked French Toast recipes at 11 Baked French Toast Recipes.
Read NextSausage Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.