Crunchy Oven Baked French Toast
Add a crunchy texture to baked French toast by coating the bread in cornflakes. If you prefer the crispy edges of French toast over the soft middle, then you will love Crunchy Oven Baked French Toast. You can prepare this baked French toast recipe the night before and bake in the morning to make it easier on yourself. If you're having overnight guests, surprise them by making this updated version of French toast. Serve with syrup or the fruit of your choice.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed to equal 1 c
- 8 diagonally cut slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- Butter a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Combine eggs, half and half, sugar, vanilla, and salt; mix well.
- Place crushed cereal in shallow dish. Dip bread in egg mixture, making sure all of the mixture is absorbed. Then dip bread into crushed cereal.
- Place in greased pan. Cover and freeze 1-2 hours or til firm.
- Heat oven to 425F. Bake 15-20 minutes or til golden brown, turning once. Serve either with Strawberry Syrup and strawberries OR with maple syrup.
Find more Baked French Toast recipes at 11 Baked French Toast Recipes.
Read NextShareable Breakfast Pull Apart Bread
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.