Cinnamon Monkey Rolls
I don't know why this bread machine recipe is called "monkey" rolls, but I do know that they taste delicious. It's fun to get the whole family involved in the kneading, and even more fun to get them involved in eating the rolls!
Looking for more ways to use your bread machine? Don't miss 24 Fantastic Bread Machine Recipes and Tips for Amazing Bread!
Cooking Time30 min
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Add milk, water, egg, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, bread flour, 4 teaspoons sugar, and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough/manual cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- If necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Divide dough into 20 equal pieces.
- Form each piece into a smooth ball.
- Stir together the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each ball into the 2 tablespoons melted butter; roll each ball in sugar mixture.
- Arrange half of the coated balls in the bottom of a greased 6 1/2- to 8-cup ovenproof ring mold or fluted tube pan with nonremovable bottom.
- Make a second layer, positioning the balls for the second layer between the balls in the first layer.
- Drizzle balls with any remaining melted butter and sprinkle with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool 1 minute on a wire rack. .
- Invert onto a serving plate; remove ring mold or pan. Serve warm.