Chocolate Bunny Bread
What kind of bread is just perfect for Easter? This adorable chocolate bunny bread! Get the dough going with your bread machine, then form and bake your little buddy. Decorate him with chocolate morsels and frosting, and have a happy Easter!
- For decoration, give the bunny chocolcate chip eyes and buttons. You can draw whiskers, eyelids, tie, etc. with cake-decorating frosting.
- Good luck and happy easter. The recipe might be good baked as normal (without going to the problem of making the bunny).
- Looking for more ways to use your bread machine? Don't miss 24 Fantastic Bread Machine Recipes and Tips for Amazing Bread!
- 2/3 cup warm milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate or peanut butter morsels
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast
- Put everything except morsels into bread maker in the order specified by bread machine manufacturer.
- Processes on dough/manual cycle.
- Remove dough to floured surface; if necessary, knead some extra into dough to make it easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half.
For the bunny body:
- Chop morsels and knead into one half of the dough.
- Form into ball.
- Place on greased large baking sheet; flatten to 5" round.
For the bunny head:
- Form 1/3 of the remaining dough into ball.
- Place above body on baking sheet and flatten slightly; attach to body by pinching together.
For bunny nose:
Pinch off 1/2" ball of dough; place on head.
For bunny arms and ears:
- Divide remaining dough into four pieces; roll each to 5" rope.
- Arrange two ropes across body for arms; tucking ends under body.
- Shape remaining ropes into ears; arrange above head; tucking ends under head.
- Cover; let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until done, tenting with foil after 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack, decorate as desired.