Whiskey Beef Stew
I remember watching my grandmother make this beef stew recipe when I was just a lad. Once she put that lid on to simmer, we were not allowed to lift it and peek, but once it was done, it was so good!
If you liked this beef stew recipe, you'll love our collection of 17 scrumptious beef stew recipes! Click here to get the whole collection.
Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds braising steak
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 measures (jiggers) Jack Daniels bourbon (more if desired)
- 1 pint beef stock
- 4 ounces plain flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the onions and place with the paprika, garlic and cooking oil in a large saucepan on a low heat.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cube the steak, and cover in the flour.
- Brown in a hot pan with a little oil and add to the onions when they have softened.
- Add the beef stock, slowly at first and stirring all the time to avoid lumps forming.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Garnish with fresh copped green herbs.