Pot Roast with Gravy
Sometimes it just needs gravy. I say that more than you'd think, with foods that don't even need gravy. This Pot Roast with Gravy fits all of my gravy train needs. This is one of the tastiest oven pot roast recipes.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 cans cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 4 large potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 12 small onions, spring
- Brown the roast in a large, oven proof skillet. Season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cans of soup with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water for each can used. You may use two cans if you are cooking a smaller roast. Coat the roast with the soup.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Cut up the vegetables that require longer cooking time and add at the end of the first hour. Bake another hour before adding the vegetables that require less cooking time and baking one more hour. Total baking time is three hours. If not using pearl onions, use fewer large onions, cut up. You may substitute other cream soups and add a greater variety of vegetables.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.