Ft. Wayne Copycat Coney Dog
This recipe pays tribute to the infamous Coney Island hot dog. Topped with chili and raw onions, this hearty hot dog recipe is so good there's a reason why it's famous. Coming from Krista at Everyday Mom's Meals, make it tonight.
- For the Chili Sauce:
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- For the Hot Dogs:
- 1 package of hot dogs
- 1 package of hot dog buns
- onions, diced to taste
- yellow mustard, to taste
- Saute the onions and garlic in butter. Add ground beef and break up until fine. Cook until brown and drain fat.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well. Add to beef mixture. Stir well and heat.
- Let simmer for at least an hour. If dries out, add a little water, scrape bottom of pan to get pan drippings off and continue simmering.
- Serve on hot dogs in buns with mustard and diced onion.
Read NextFork Tender Burgers and Gravy