Classic Beef Pot Roast
There are so many beef pot roast recipes out there that it seems difficult to find the right one. Classic Beef Pot Roast is a winner and one of the top roast dishes. Mixed with vegetables and carefully paired herbs this is a real treat.
Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 pounds beef, trimmed, boneless boneless beef chuck or round roast
- 1 1/4 pound red potatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots, fresh
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules, instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, black
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Arrange roast and all vegetables in ungreased 13x9 inch (3 quart) baking dish. Sprinkle with all remaining ingredients except water.
- Pour water over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 Degrees F. for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with pan juices.
Read NextCheeseburger Rollups