BBQ Potato Cheese Meatloaf
Unorthodox meatloaf recipes are becoming all the rage, and we think that this is one of the best of the bunch. This dish combines the Southern flavor of BBQ with a traditional meatloaf recipe, and the resulting flavor is unforgettable! Baked beans and mashed potatoes are unexpected ingredients, but that's why this dish is so fantastic! Pat the meat mixture in the loaf pan and make a trough for the mashed potatoes and cheese. Cover the top with the rest of the meat mixture and bake.
For more yummy meatloaf recipes, be sure to download our free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices bread; crumbled
- 2 cups baked beans
- 2 eggs; or substitute
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash up the baked beans.
- Mix everything together except the potatoes and the cheese. Add more liquid or bread as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Press mixture into the bottom and around sides of two 9x5-inch loaf pans, leaving a large trough in the center.
- Reserve about 1-1/2 cups of mixture to cover top with.
- Fill troughs of each meatloaf with mashed potatoes.
- Cut cheese into cubes, or grate, and put this on top of the potatoes.
- Cover potatoes and cheese with reserved meat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
Read NextSmoked Flank Steak
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Oct 17, 2010
Just boiled and mashed potatoes like you would normaly make. When you press the mixture in the bottom and up all four sides you are left with a trough in the center. This is delish. will make it again.
Sep 29, 2010
In Cooking how do you make a Trough may I ask
Jan 29, 2010
I never said my light bulb fully lights up, so I have a question. The potatoes, are they just boiled and simply mashed or are they mashed with the ingredients that I use to make mashed potatoes (using milk and margarine)?
Jan 29, 2010
Can u say yummy and inexpenisve 2 boot???
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use