BBQ Potato Cheese Meatloaf
Unorthodox meatloaf recipes are becoming all the rage, and we think that this is one of the best of the bunch. This dish combines the Southern flavor of BBQ with a traditional meatloaf recipe, and the resulting flavor is unforgettable! Baked beans and mashed potatoes are unexpected ingredients, but that's why this dish is so fantastic! Pat the meat mixture in the loaf pan and make a trough for the mashed potatoes and cheese. Cover the top with the rest of the meat mixture and bake.
For more yummy meatloaf recipes, be sure to download our free eCookbook, 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes.
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices bread; crumbled
- 2 cups baked beans
- 2 eggs; or substitute
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash up the baked beans.
- Mix everything together except the potatoes and the cheese. Add more liquid or bread as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Press mixture into the bottom and around sides of two 9x5-inch loaf pans, leaving a large trough in the center.
- Reserve about 1-1/2 cups of mixture to cover top with.
- Fill troughs of each meatloaf with mashed potatoes.
- Cut cheese into cubes, or grate, and put this on top of the potatoes.
- Cover potatoes and cheese with reserved meat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.