Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
For one of the most delicious cookie bar recipes try making up these Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars. These cookie bars were inspired by the author if this recipe childhood rice krispie bars (made by her mother). After trying these, you might never want to make the standard rice krispie treats again; these might get you hooked!
Chilling Time3 hr
Cooking Time14 min
- 4 cups oats
- 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- Place the oats in a mixing bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla together.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and mix together.
- Spread in the prepared pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on a metal cooling rack.
- Melt the topping ingredients together and spread over the cooled oat bars. Chill for 3 hours before cutting.
Read NextGingerbread Cookie Bars