Gooey Apple Pie Bars
Of all the fall dessert recipes we've tried, this apple pie bar recipe is one of our favorites!
Apple pie is an American favorite, and this dessert bar recipe turns the classic apple pie into delicious bars! What makes these Gooey Apple Pie Bars "gooey" is the delicious caramel sprinkled throughout the filling and drizzled on top. The warm apple and cinnamon filling is surrounded by flaky crust on top and bottom to create apple pie bars that are great when served warm, or even the next day! Scroll below the video for instructions!
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time35 min
Cooking Vessel Size15x10-inch baking sheet
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter
- 3 1/4 cups flour, divided
- 10 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel candies or bits
- Caramel sauce
If you're looking for an autumn treat, look no further thanEasy Apple Butter Bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 15x10-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together with a hand mixer. Gradually add 3 cups of flour and mix on low speed until just combined. Shape into two equal-sized balls of dough.
- Lightly flour two 15x10-inch pieces of wax paper. Place one ball of dough on wax paper and use your palm to flatten a bit. Place the second lightly floured piece of wax paper over top the dough and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to 15x10 inches. Discard the top piece of wax paper, flip the dough onto the prepared pan, and peel off the second piece of wax paper.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, remaining 1/4 cup flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir to coat. Pour the apple mixture onto the dough and spread out evenly. Sprinkle caramel bits over the apples.
- Repeat step 3 with the remaining ball of dough. Carefully flip the dough over the apples and discard the wax paper. Tuck the edges of the dough into the pan to create a seal and make small slits in the top of the dough to vent steam.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 15 minutes. Drizzle with caramel sauce and cut into bars.