Chewy Exercise Bars
Try your hand at homemade nutrition bars today. Making organic nutrition bars that are healthy and tasty has never been easier.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dates, raisins and/or pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup apples, walnuts, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup dried apricots and almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and nuts, optional
1. Chop up whatever you decide to flavor your bars with. Mix this with the oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix together the butter, yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir this into the dry ingredients.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 9x12 inch pan and bake at 325 degrees F until the top just turns brown (about 30-40 minutes). Cut when mostly cooled.
Note: These should come out fairly thin.
Read NextGingerbread Cookie Bars