Almond Cheesecake Bars
Indulge in your guilty pleasures and try these Wonderful Almond Cheesecake Bars. Drizzled with chocolate, every bite will remind you why dessert recipes are your favorite to eat and make. With a sweet top and a crunchy bottom, these dessert bars from Amanda at Amanda's Cookin' will become a family favorite.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (8-ounces) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- For Chocolate Drizzle:
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with foil, this will allow you to lift the bars out and onto a cutting board once cooled. Do not grease the pan or the foil.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in crumbs, walnuts, sugar and cocoa. Press firmly on bottom of foil lined 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Use food processor to beat cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch together until fluffy. Gradually add in sweetened condensed milk then egg, and the almond extract. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until center is set. Don’t be concerned if there are bumps or bubbles, they will settle as it cools. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Lift cooled block out of pan using the sides of the foil as handles and place on a cutting board. Cut into bars. Drizzle each bar with chocolate and let chocolate set.
- Hint: if you drizzle right after they come out of the refrigerator, the chocolate will set quickly, using the chill from the bars themselves.
- To store, layer between wax paper in a plastic container in the refrigerator.
Read NextGingerbread Cookie Bars