Vegan Pecan Pie
The socially conscious love pecan pie, too. Serve this pie to your vegan guests.
- 2-1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- prebaked pie crust
- Place the pecans in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine the maple syrup, rice syrup, vanilla extract, ginger, and salt. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a spice grinder, grind the flaxseeds to a powder. Combine the arrowroot, soymilk, and flaxseed meal with the maple syrup mixture, pour into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid from the blender over the pecans. Mix well and pour into a prebaked pie shell. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, or until the filling has firmed up. Let cool.