Southern Tomato Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A savory Southern Tomato Pie is a classic summer recipe! Pair it with a side salad for a light entrée, or serve it as a side dish at your next cookout. The combination of sweet tomatoes, Vidalia onions, melted cheese and fresh herbs in a buttery crust is the perfect way to enjoy the season's best produce! I've been testing tomato pie recipes for years, and I'm so happy to report that I've finally nailed it! The classic Southern Tomato Pie sounds like a fairly simple concept, but baking one at home proved to be quite the challenge. The pies of my past were either soggy on the bottom, or just completely fell apart when I sliced into them. This easy recipe solves all of those little problems with just a few easy tips. I can't wait for you to use your sweet, juicy tomatoes to prepare this savory tart! "
Preparation Time40 min
Chilling Time20 min
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking MethodOven, Skillet
Cooking Vessel Size9 inch pie plate
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Perfect for a family party or a potluck dinner, recipes with jello are always crowd-pleasers. Strawberry Jello Pretzel Salad is… Continue reading: "Strawberry Pretzel Saladvideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Slow Cooker Chicken Artichoke Soup With Rice
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Zuppa Toscana
- Boo Batter No Churn Ice Cream
- Lemon Curd Cocktail
- Pumpkin Pie Liqueur
- Homemade Eggnog
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Bread
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes