Southern Style Green Beans
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Southern Style Green Beans simmer slowly on the stovetop with bacon and onions until the fresh green beans are tender, flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These country-style vegetables are an easy side dish to serve with smothered pork chops, chicken fried steak, roasted chicken or shrimp and grits. There's a bit of a Green Bean Debate out there: namely, whether they should be cooked-to-death-until-they're-so-tender-they're-almost-mushy or whether they're best when they're still bright green and just crisp-tender. Personally, I like the veggies both ways...I just consider them two totally different animals. Today, we're focused on southern-style green beans, which are cooked low and slow until they're fall-apart tender. These country-style beans are typically simmered in broth or water alongside a smoky meat -- such as bacon, ham hocks or smoked turkey -- as well as other seasonings. The end result is a pot of soft, richly-flavored beans that are a tasty companion for almost any entrée. "
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Last Minute Preacher Cake is an easy dessert recipe that is undeniably delicious. The perfect combination of yellow cake mix and… Continue reading: "Last Minute Preacher Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Lollipop Made At Home
- Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Pressure Cooker Cupcakes
- Strawberry Kiwi Vodka Drink Recipe
- Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie
- Slow Cooker Beef Tips With Gravy
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Tapioca Pudding
- Delicious Chicken Pasta Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes