Easy Cabbage Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes have become a staple in every household. Our recipe for Easy Cabbage Mashed Potatoes is a great take on the traditional mashed potato recipe that we are so fond of. Creamy and delicious, the potatoes add a bit of an edge, by having scallions, garlic, onions and shredded cabbage added to the recipe. A perfect side for dinner, you don't want to miss out on what we consider to be a new classic.
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dill (dried, or fresh chopped)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
Shred the cabbage. Sautee it with a little butter (about 1/2 tablespoon), then reduce heat and cover; let it steam.
When it is almost limp, add the scallions, garlic and onions.
Meanwhile, boil, drain, mash the potatoes, add some milk and a little butter.
- Add the cabbage mixture, and stir in the dill and pepper.