This is an easy recipe to make a tasty dish-turkey tetrazzini. To shake things up this Thanksgiving, why not make this great meal? It can even be made before hand and baked right before eating. Easy and delicious!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1/2 pound vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup parsely, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup blanched silvered almonds, for topping
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the vermicelli (al dente) according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add the mushrooms, and saute until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the flour is no longer visible.
- Gradually, add the milk, stirring constantly, and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sherry, parsley, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Combine the turkey and the vermicelli with the sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the casserole and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Read Next11 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers