Easy, down to the basics, these Amish Biscuits are great to add to your authentic Amish recipes collection.
Check out this recipe for Amish Friendship Bread Starter to help you with above recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Amish (Friendship) Starter (see note section for recipe)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, Amish Starter and oil. Mix well.
- Add starter to dry ingredients and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and roll until 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a 3 inch circle cutter or floured glass cut out biscuits and place on a lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Brush top of biscuits with melted butter. Cover and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
Read NextSourdough Doughnuts