This Amish Cornbread is easy to make and will be the perfect side to any soup or stew. It melts in your mouth and we'll quickly become a favorite cornbread recipe in your house.
Check out this recipe for Amish Friendship Bread Starter to help you with above recipe.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 cup Amish (Friendship) Starter (see notes below for recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan. In a large mixer bowl combine starter, eggs, milk, sugar, flour and cornmeal.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Mix in oil, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes at 425 degrees F.
Read NextGold Rush Biscuits