Four Can Taco Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Four Can Taco Soup is my go-to weeknight supper when I need a hearty, filling meal in a hurry. My family loves it and the convenience of using only four canned products cuts down the prep time and the price tremendously without sacrificing taste. This one pot recipe is sure to be a hit with your family, too. Don't forget to add Cheddar cheese on top and serve it with tortilla chips. They make this dish even more special.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I use 15% fat)
- 1 (1.5-ounce) packet McCormicks Mild Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 (29-ounce) can cooked pinto beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can cooked dark red Kidney beans
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can sweet kernal corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced petite-cut tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) package white or yellow tortilla chips
In a nonstick large stock/soup pan over medium heat, scramble crumbled lean ground beef and season with 1/2 package of Mild Taco Seasoning mix. Cook about 5 minutes using a spatula to break up the beef as it cooks. Remove from heat and drain off any fat after beef is browned and cooked through.
Add the pinto beans, red kidney beans, sweet corn, and diced tomatoes (including the juice from all the cans). Add water, garlic powder, onion powder and the rest of the package of taco seasoning to the pot.
Gently stir ingredients together and return to heat, bringing to a simmer/ boil. Put a lid on the pot and turn heat to low to let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until tomatoes are soft and soup is dark and rich.
Serve in a bowl with crushed Tortilla chips. Optional: Some people also enjoy fresh grated Cheddar cheese on top of their taco soup. Cool and refrigerate any left-overs.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Have you ever had a craving for fried chicken that only KFC could satisfy? If so, you're in luck because we've whipped up a Copycat… Continue reading: "Copycat KFC Fried Chicken Recipevideocam"
- Farm Fresh Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 38 Best Soup Recipes and Hearty Stews eCookbook
- French Onion Soup
- Hearty Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Julia Child's Garlic Soup
- French Onion Soup Recipe
- Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Best Soup for Cold and Flu Symptoms (6 Recipes)
- Copycat Outback Potato Soup
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Asian Ginger Dressing
- New England Clam Chowder
- Oreo Magic Bars
- Classic Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
- Homemade Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Jack Skellington Cookies
- Cookies And Cream Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Donut Muffins
- Spaghetti Salad
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes