Four Can Taco Soup
Four Can Taco Soup is my go-to weeknight supper when I need a hearty, filling meal in a hurry. My family loves it and the convenience of using only four canned products cuts down the prep time and the price tremendously without sacrificing taste. This one pot recipe is sure to be a hit with your family, too. Don't forget to add Cheddar cheese on top and serve it with tortilla chips. They make this dish even more special.
This recipe was submitted as part of the Swiss Diamond One Pot Wonder Recipe Contest.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I use 15% fat)
- 1 (1.5-ounce) packet McCormicks Mild Taco Seasoning mix
- 1 (29-ounce) can cooked pinto beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can cooked dark red Kidney beans
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can sweet kernal corn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced petite-cut tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10-ounce) package white or yellow tortilla chips
In a nonstick large stock/soup pan over medium heat, scramble crumbled lean ground beef and season with 1/2 package of Mild Taco Seasoning mix. Cook about 5 minutes using a spatula to break up the beef as it cooks. Remove from heat and drain off any fat after beef is browned and cooked through.
Add the pinto beans, red kidney beans, sweet corn, and diced tomatoes (including the juice from all the cans). Add water, garlic powder, onion powder and the rest of the package of taco seasoning to the pot.
Gently stir ingredients together and return to heat, bringing to a simmer/ boil. Put a lid on the pot and turn heat to low to let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until tomatoes are soft and soup is dark and rich.
Serve in a bowl with crushed Tortilla chips. Optional: Some people also enjoy fresh grated Cheddar cheese on top of their taco soup. Cool and refrigerate any left-overs.