Thai Yellow Curry Noodle Soup
I can never get enough of this creamy soup. It’s so simple to make, it’s completely vegan for a lighter option and the flavors are incredible. This recipe is nostalgic to me because it’s one of the first meals I whipped up when my husband and I moved in together, and since then, it’s a regular in our home. This dish is not your average noodle soup as it’ll satisfy any noodle and curry cravings at the same time!
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) minced garlic
- 4 cups (960 ml) vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) Thai yellow curry paste
- 1 1/2 cup (360 ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon (1 g) chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon (4 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 lb (226 g) uncooked vermicelli noodles
- Sliced jalapeños, for garnishing(optional)
Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Pour in the vegetable broth and yellow curry paste. Stir until the curry paste has completely dissolved and no clumps remain.
Let the soup boil for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes, and then add in the basil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder, pepper, salt and noodles. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked al dente. Top with sliced jalapeños for a touch of heat (optional) and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
Read NextUltimate Comfort Potato Soup