Hearty New England Clam Chowder
Bring this classic to your dinner table today. Rich and creamy, this homemade soup recipe is a must for any Clam Chowder fan. Perfect any time of year, enjoy spoonful after spoonful.
Find more awesome dishes from New England and beyond in this all-American recipe collection:
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 to 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 can clam juice
- 1 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- butter flavor Pam
- 1/4 cup flour
- butter salt
- Coat onions and celery with Pam and sear in pot with a little of juice(3-5 minutes to translucent).
- Add Clam juice and potatoes bring to boil.
- Spray Pam in bowl (A lot) and add flour and make a Rue.
- When Potatoes are soft add Half & Half to pot and bring to almost boil.
- Add some soup to the rue and then add rue back to pot.
- You can add Butter Salt to taste.