Fresh Corn Soup
Fresh Corn Soup is a healthy soup recipe that will become one of your favorites. Made with fresh corn for a sweet succulent flavor, you won't be able to put down the spoon.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 ears of corn plus cobs
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup kefir
- Cut corn from cob and reserve both corn and cobs.
- Heat oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to simmer and add corn, cobs, cumin, coriander and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Remove 2 tbsp of corn from the pot and set aside. Remove cobs and pour the remaining soup into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in kefir, reserved corn kernels and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or chill at least 2 hours for a cold soup.