Creamy Coconut And Crab Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Fresh, sweet crab is available in any season. You can often buy crab that is already cooked and cleaned but nothing beats freshly cooked crab at your home. Cooking crab is just as easy as cooking dry pasta. You just need salt, boiling water and patience. It takes just 10 minutes and voila, you can eat sweet, fresh crabs. You’ll love this creamy soup recipe. You can add other seafood such as squid, scallops, lobster and many others to increase the variety of flavors. You can also add some vegetables such as potatoes, corn and carrots or top it with fresh coriander."
NotesYou can pair this recipe with light bodied white wines that are herbaceous and that also compliment the creaminess of the coco cream.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time25 min
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 pound crabs
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimps
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ounce spring onions
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 cups vegetable stock
In a large pot, boil water and add salt.
Cook the crab for 10 minutes and transfer to a bowl to cool.
Add oil to a hot pan, saute minced garlic and lemongrass stalk for 2 minutes.
Add the deveined shrimp and crab and saute for 3 minutes.
Add the smoked paprika, sliced ginger and vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter And Nutella Celery Reindeer Snacks
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Irresistible Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Roasted Eggplant With Couscous
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes