Creamy Citrus Shrimp Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"This creamy and flavorful stew is a great combination using almond milk and shrimp. This recipe is inspired by Thai Coconut curry where one of the main ingredients is coconut milk. Coconut milk is common in Asian homes. Here we substitute it with almond milk which is a commonly available in the US. It will give you a rich and flavorful stew and a more soup-like consistency. You can add any of your favorite herbs and spices to this dish. Some great ones would be cumin, paprika or lemon balm. And a stalk of lemongrass would add a lot of flavor as well."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ounce shallot
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 ounces garlic
- 14 ounces almond milk
- 1 cup bok-choy leaves
- 1 pound peeled large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime
In a heated pan, add oil and sauté the minced shallots until translucent.
Stir in ginger and chopped garlic, cook until fragrant.
Add almond milk and 1/4 cup bokchoy leaves. Bring it to a simmer and let it cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in peeled Shrimp, lime zest & juice.
Continue to simmer until shrimp turn pink, for about 5 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, and topped with the cilantro and lemon wedges.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Soft & Chewy Chocolate Flapjacks
- Italian Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Chess Pie
- Air Fryer Box Cake
- Apple Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter And Nutella Celery Reindeer Snacks
- Restaurant-style Hash Brown Casserole
- Overnight Cherry Baked French Toast Casserole
- Irresistible Spiced Grilled Chicken
- Delicious Roasted Eggplant With Couscous
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes