Low Fat Carmel Corn Crunch Snack Mix
If you're looking for a delicious sugary snack that's light on the calories, look no further! This scrumptious caramel corn recipe is the perfect amount of sweet for the afternoon snacker.
See this recipe and more in 41 Halloween Party Food Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1 (16-ounce) box Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or substitute
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups fat free caramel corn
- Heat oven to 250 F.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add cereal to pan; set aside.
- Place margarine in a 2-cup microwaveable bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds or until melted.Stir in syrup, brown sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour margarine mixture evenly over cereal. Stir evenly to coat.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in caramel corn; spread on baking sheet to cool.
- Store in tightly covered container up to 5 days.
- Makes 8 cups
Variation: Substitute one 15.5-ounce box Quaker Oat Bran Ready-to-Eat Cereal for Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Proceed as recipe directs except divide cereal mixture between two baking pans sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Make 10 cups.
Read NextMini Corn Dog Muffins